Thursday, August 19, 2010

San Antonio

Enjoyed a wonderful trip down to the Alamo City yesterday and had a very enjoyable time.  had lunch at Jake's very favorite restaurant, the Rain forest Cafe>  I don't think he would ever get tired of going there, even though I don't think he goes there for the food. 

We next went to the Buckhorn Saloon and Museum for a browse around.  This was once located at the Lone Star Brewery when that was in San Antonio.  It is now in the area of the Alamo and has incorporated  a Texas Ranger Museum with it.  Both are very interesting with a lot of things to see.

For the final site in San Antonio we hopped on the trolley bus and rode it down to the Market Square.  We walked around and bought a few souvenirs (including some great Mexican pastries) and then headed back to Austin.  After dropping Mark off, Jen , Jake and I capped the day off with dinner at Catfish Parlor; scratch another eatery off my list.  Don't have much planned for today, so will see what happens

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. I miss the Catfish Parlor. I've been having a hard time finding good fish here in Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete