Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lazy day

Yesterday was kind a "do nothing " day for me.  Jen had a doctors appointment, so we didn't plan much.  However, that does not mean that the day was totally lost !!  Jake, Mark and I went to the areas new Cabela's that is in Buda.  I have never been to a Cabela's store previously and it is quite an experience.  There is an Outdoor World (Bass Pro Shop) in Concord and merchandise-wise, they are on a par with them.  Where Cabela's shines is in the wildlife (uh, deadlife ?) displays.  The displays of trophy animals as well as every other animal imaginable is truly amazing.  They also have a large aquarium with fish from all over the western hemisphere.  Definitely a site worth seeing.  Ended the excursion by having a late lunch at Taco Cabana.  I can now scratch another Cen-Tex eatery off my list.  Planning on visit to the Alamo City for today, so will let you know tomorrow.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Cabela's is a neat store! My Dad lost the power of speech when we entered the 'Gun Library'. :-) So many pretty rifles. Hope ya are having a good time! ChrisL

    ReplyDelete