Monday, August 16, 2010

I,m Here !!!

Well,I made it here to Texas.  I went thru Mobile, but I did not spent any time at the USS Alabama as I had originally planned.  The park was not going to be open for another hour yet, so I just left.  Did take some pictures of the Battleship from across the bay.  Also blew off the USS Kidd in Baton Rouge as the weather was kind of iffy.  I'm terrible about carrying out seeing these things I plan when I travel;  I get to0 anxious to keep on moving to the destination.  Got to Jen's Saturday evening about 7:00.  Did not do anything except get settled in and go to bed.  Yesterday I went to Matt's to visit with him and see my new Granddaughter.  What a doll !!!  With the head full of dark hair, the chubby checks and the ever-present smile; there is no doubt about "who's her Daddy".  Matt and family are staying with his grandmother until the end of the month.  Matt and family will be moving to south Austin in a week and his grandmother is moving to Iowa to stay with   Scott.

Mark and Jen are both in south Austin and attended TSU during the summer.  I think Mark is moving to a single apartment in Jen's complex as his lease is up and his roomie wants to move back to north Austin.

Got some BBQ at Rudy's on the way up to Matt's yesterday to share with them.  Last evening Jen bought Mark and I some great Tex-Mex at Trudy's.  Well, at lest I am getting the important things accomplished.   Today just planning on seeing some local sites, but Ill let you know more tomorrow.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. That kid is a drop-dead beauty! Congratulations on such a lovely grandbaby ;-)

    ReplyDelete